Personal information means all information about an identifiable individual except the name, title or business address of an employee of an organization (the “Personal Information”). The privacy of all users ("Users") of all services offered on ZENMED.COM has been very important since our foundation in 1999. We are committed to protecting the confidentiality of all information entrusted to us by Users. All content contained on the ZENMED.COM website is intended only for people over the age of majority and we do not knowingly collect or use Personal Information from minors.
ZENMED is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to stime by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/2018.
We may, from time-to-time, collect Personal Information from Users. This includes name, address, and email address information that you provide, and any correspondence that you have with ZENMED.COM. ZENMED.COM also collects additional usage information (“Additional Usage Information”) electronically about how Users use our website (e.g. by tracking the number of unique page views received by the pages of the website, or the domains from which Users originate) or via cookies (small files stored on our computer by your web browser when using an internet site) that can be used to identify the User should they visit the website again.
Addition Information Collected
Additional Usage Information collected may include other information about your visits to our website. For example, we may collect information about your computer, such as your IP address (a number assigned to your computer whenever you surf the World Wide Web); the type of Internet browser you are using; the type of computer operating system you are using; or the domain name of the website from which you linked to our websites. This Additional Usage Information will not be linked to your Personal Information and will only be collected in the aggregate in connection with all the users of our website for planning, forecasting and/or evaluation purposes. As such, please note that this Policy does not cover aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined. We retain the right to use anonymous aggregated data in any way that we determine appropriate.
PLEASE NOTE that your provision of Personal Information to ZENMED.COM constitutes implied agreement and consent to our collecting, using and disclosing your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy. If you do not agree with these terms, do not provide any Personal Information to ZENMED.COM. However, many ZENMED.COM services, such as the delivery of our products, can only be offered if you provide Personal Information to ZENMED.COM. Consequently, if you choose not to provide us with information essential for the provisions of certain services, we will not be able to offer you those services.
If you do not wish to receive information regarding the products and services offered on ZENMED.COM, (i) send an e-mail to the address listed at the end of this policy; or (ii) log into web—based Control Panel and change the appropriate preferences so as to not receive any correspondence from ZENMED.COM for any products and services offered by ZENMED.COM.
How we use Personal Information
We may, from time-to-time, use Personal Information collected through this website to: (i) provide Users with a product or service that has been requested; (ii) contact Users directly regarding products and services offered on ZENMED.COM (iii) understand User preferences in order to enhance Users' experience with ZENMED.COM; (iv) research the effectiveness of the website and the marketing, advertising and sales efforts of ZENMED.COM; and (v) permit Users to become Affiliates (the “Permitted Uses”).
ZENMED.COM's use of Personal Information is limited to these purposes.
Why Do We Collect Information?
We collect the information for contractual reasons. When you have created an account on our website and we provide goods and services, we are contractually obliged to keep a record of your information and any products you may have purchased. You are however at liberty to request access to this information and deletion of this information at any time.
What We Do with The Information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons
· We may use the information to improve your services, products and support
· We may periodically send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address with your permission of course.
· With your permission we may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
· We may also use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
· We may also use the information for Internal record keeping.
Disclosure of Information
· We will use all information collected from Users for the Permitted Uses only, except as mandated by law. We do not sell or otherwise disclose to third parties any Personal Information that we have obtained. Some anonymous data based on information collected from Users may be disclosed to potential and existing business partners.
· Additionally, there are circumstances where the use or disclosure of Personal Information may be justified or permitted or where we are obliged to disclose information without consent: Those include (but are not limited to) circumstances in which:
· the collection, use or disclosure is clearly in the interests of the individual and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way
· it is reasonable to expect that the collection or use of personal information with the consent of the individual would compromise the availability or accuracy of the information, and the collection or use of the information is necessary for an investigation or proceeding
· it is reasonable to expect that the disclosure of personal information with the consent of the individual would compromise an investigation or proceeding, and the disclosure of the information is necessary for an investigation or proceeding
· the personal information is available to the public from a prescribed source
· the collection, use or disclosure of personal information is required or authorized by law.
· Where obliged or permitted to disclose information without consent, we will not disclose more information than is required.
· Personal Information may also be subject to transfer to another company in the event of a change of ownership of all or part of our corporation. This will occur only if the parties have entered into an agreement under which the collection, use and disclosure of such information is restricted to those purposes that relate to the business transaction, including a determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction, and is to be used by the parties to carry out and complete the business transaction.
Maintenance and Security of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information about Users as long as we believe it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or such longer period as required by law. Currently, we hold the Personal Information in the City of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Personal Information about Users that is maintained on our systems is protected using industry standard security measures. However, although we will make all commercially reasonable efforts to keep your Personal Information secure, we cannot guarantee that the information submitted to, maintained on, or transmitted from our systems will be completely secure and transmission of information over the Internet is susceptible to possible loss, misrouting, interception and misuse. Please keep this in mind when deciding whether or not to provide your Personal Information.
Access to Personal Information
If an individual believes that their Personal Information on file is not correct, individuals can access the ZENMED.COM web-based Control Panel that allows individuals to view and update all of their Personal Information at any time.
Individuals may submit written requests to us to provide them with:
· their personal information under our custody or control;
· information about how their personal information under our control has been and is being used by us;
· the names of the individuals and organizations to whom their personal information under our control has been disclosed by us.
We will respond to all legitimate requests within thirty days and will make a reasonable effort to assist applicants and to respond as accurately and completely as reasonably possible. All requests may be subject to any fees and disbursements the law permits us to charge.
An individual’s ability to access his or her personal information under our control is not absolute. Privacy legislation provides that we must not disclose personal information in the following unlikely circumstances:
· the disclosure could reasonably be expected to threaten the safety or physical or mental health of an individual other than the individual who made the request;
· the disclosure can reasonably be expected to cause immediate or grave harm to the safety or to the physical or mental health of the individual who made the request;
· the disclosure would reveal personal information about another individual;
· the disclosure would reveal the identity of an individual who has provided personal information about another individual and the individual providing the personal information does not consent to disclosure of his or her identity.
The Act further provides that we are not required to disclose personal information when:
· the personal information is protected by solicitor-client privilege;
· the disclosure of the personal information would reveal confidential commercial information that, if disclosed, could, in the opinion of a reasonable person, harm the competitive position of an organization;
· the personal information was collected without consent for the purposes of an investigation, and the investigation and associated proceedings and appeals have not been completed;
· the personal information was collected or created by a mediator or arbitrator in the conduct of a mediation or arbitration for which he or she was appointed to act: (i) under a collective agreement, (ii) under an enactment, or(iii) by a court.
Requests for Correction of Personal Information
The law permits individuals to submit written requests to us to correct errors or omissions in their personal information that is in our custody or control. We will:
· correct the personal information and, if reasonable to do so, send correction notifications to any other organizations to whom we disclosed the incorrect information; or
· annotate the personal information with the correction that was requested but not made.
Due to technical constraints and the fact that ZENMED.COM backs up its systems, Personal Information may continue to reside in ZENMED.COM’s systems after deletion for some time. Individuals, therefore, must be aware that, despite our correction of their Personal Information, it may not be completely removed from ZENMED.COM’s systems in response to an accepted request for deletion. If this is a concern, please do not provide us with Personal Information.
To guard against fraudulent requests for access, we will require sufficient information to allow us to confirm the identity of the person making the request before granting access or making corrections.
Fees aren’t required to access your personal info
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your Choices About the Personal Information We CollectYou have the choice to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. With your permission we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.Please feel free to contact using the contact details above should you require any more information on how your information is being used or you need to change any of the information given. If you feel we are not handling your data correctly, you have the right to make a complaint to us and if unhappy with our response you should then contact the ICO (Independent Commissioner’s Office).
Safe and Secure
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We’re always committed to ensuring that your information is safe and secure.
Cookies are small files which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once agreed, then the file is added thus the cookie helps analyze web traffic and or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
About The Links to Other WebsitesOur website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
By now, you are likely aware that on May 25, 2018, a new data privacy law introduced in Europe called the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will come into force, impacting how businesses collect and process data.
GDPR is a new data privacy law introduced in Europe. This will impact how businesses collect, process, store, use and destroy personal data.
Failure to comply with the GDPR can result in significant fines up to 4% of global annual revenue for certain violations.
ZENMED’s Contribution to Protecting Your Rights
GDPR is now in full effect. ZENMED has created the necessary controls and features in place so you can continue to use our service with confidence.
Now you’re ready to use ZENMED in a GDPR-compliant manner. Here's how you can learn about the new features and controls we've provided here on this Compliance page.
This policy applies to our applicants, customers and visitors to our offices generally. We take our privacy responsibilities seriously and are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Questions regarding this policy should be directed to our Data Protection Compliance Manager. The Data Protection Compliance Manager is responsible for ensuring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations and this policy. That post is held by our Operations Manager, who can be contacted at [email protected] . Any questions about the operation of this policy or any concerns that the policy has not been followed should be referred in the first instance to the Data Protection Compliance Manager.
Data protection principlesWe will comply with data protection law and the GDPR. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
Where do we store your personal data?
Electronic versions of the information you provide to us or we collect about you is stored in AWS Datacenters which conforms to the USA / EU Privacy shield. Your rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction.
Your rights in connection with your personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
Request the erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to stop processing personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Amendment of our practices and this Policy
This statement is in effect as of January 1, 2018. We will from time to time review and revise our privacy practices and this Policy. In the event of any amendment, an appropriate notice will be posted on this website. Policy changes will apply to the information collected from the date of posting of the revised Policy to the ZENMED.COM website as well as to existing information held by us.
Contacting or Communicating with Us
If you have any questions with respect to our policies concerning the handling of your personal information, or if you wish to request access to, or correction of, your personal information under our care and control, please contact our Privacy Officer at: